B&M's Top Tips for the Perfect Picnic
08 May 2018
While the sun is shining there's no better time to get your shades, shorts and sandals on, and take your family out for a spot of alfresco dining!
Take a picnic with you to your local park and enjoy the good weather with wonderful food.
If you’re wondering what you’ll need to make sure you have a fun day in the sun, look no further than our top tips for the perfect picnic.
Folding Picnic Table
For those who prefer a little more comfort and luxury while dining outdoors, this Folding Picnic Table is perfect.
It seats four people and is ideal for sitting the kids at, keeping them still and making sure they eat their food.
It also folds down simply into its own carry case, making it easy to take with you wherever you go.
B&M Top Tip: If you’d prefer something a little easier to carry, try a Fleece Picnic Blanket – big enough for the whole family to sit on.
Picnic Bag Set 27pc
Once you’ve picked your spot and sat down, you’ll need something to eat your delicious picnic on - look no further than the 27-piece Picnic Bag.
Available in pink and navy, it features all the cutlery you’ll need, as well as plates, cups, napkins and even a bottle opener.
An alfresco essential, this 40-pack of colourful napkins – available in four colours – will come in handy for any spillages and for catching crumbs.
Wasps can be a real buzz-kill while you're enjoying your picnic. But there are ways to combat these pesky pests: keep your food fresh and away from unwanted insects by covering it up in this fabulous food tray.
It features a clear lid so you can see exactly what’s inside, saving time when the kids are shouting about how hungry they are!
Mini Freezer Blocks
Keeping cool can be tricky while you're having fun in the sun. But you can use these freezer blocks inside your cooler bag or box for a touch of frost!
Brilliant for keeping drinks cold and your sandwiches lovely and fresh. With six in the pack, there’s more than enough to store in your bag!
B&M Top Tip: alternatively, use this Foldable Picnic Basket, which has insulated walls to keep everything fresh.
- Keep it simple – make sure it’s not too heavy and easy to transport. Paper plates and plastic cutlery will keep the weight down
- Avoid foods like ice cream, puddings and cakes. They can be damaged in transport and attract unwanted wasps!
- Don’t worry about courses – just make all sorts of snacky foods and spread it around for people to pick at
- Insulate your food and drink in a cooler box or bag
- Pack plenty of sun cream – even if it doesn't feel hot, kids are especially vulnerable to sunburn
- Leave your picnic spot as you found it – take napkins for spillages and bin liners to put your rubbish in
- If you have a dog, make sure they're kept on a tight lead while you eat – it's harder to keep an eye on them when your plate's full!