We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24 October 2016.
What we collect
We collect and process information about you from time to time by visiting our website, completing forms on our website or by other communications such as email, text or phone.
This may include:
- Your Name
- Your contact information including email address, phone or mobile number and address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Your internet protocol address and details of your browsing activity during visits to our website
What we do with the information
We collect this personal information to understand better your preferences and to provide you with a better service from B&M. We may use your information in particular to:
- review website traffic and usage of the website to improve and develop our website and our products and services;
- notify you about changes to our website, products or services from time to time;
- where we have your consent send promotions about new products, special offers by email, text, phone or by post;
- to carry out analysis of data on user visits, browsing patterns, trends and preferences for our own market research purposes and to track and measure the impact, results or pattern of website traffic and preferences from other promotional and marketing activities of B&M;
- comply with any applicable law, legal process or enforcement by any regulatory body which is binding on B&M;
- detect and protect against fraud or other security issues.
From time to time, B&M may also use your personal information to contact you for market research purposes by email, text, phone or by post.
B&M may also share your information with selected business partners of B&M who provide advertising and market research services to us to help improve our services to customers and users of our website.
Third parties will not be permitted by B&M to contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your consent for them to contact you for that purpose and provided that they also have privacy policies in place.
By submitting your details to the B&M Ambassador Programme application form, you will be added to the mailing list automatically.
We may also disclose personal information collected from you to credit reference agencies to carry out checks. Those agencies may keep a record of that information.
The privacy and protection of your personal information is very important to B&M. We comply with all applicable data protection laws and we treat all your information as confidential. We have systems in place and are diligent in seeking to prevent any unauthorised access, disclosure or corruption of personal data processed or collected through our website.
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be downloaded on your personal computer, smart phone, tablet or other device used by you to access the website when you visit our website. Cookies are used to log traffic in various ways, which includes identifying which pages are being used, which products you have viewed, time spent browsing and remembering your preferences. This helps us to analyse data about web traffic to improve your user experience of our website. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful..
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If prefer to disable cookies or be notified when a new cookie is going to be used you can usually modify your browser setting by going to the ‘Help’ tab on your browser. If you decide to not to consent to cookies your overall user experience from our website may be more limited as we cannot track your interests and preferences.
We use the following cookies on our website:
|Google Analytics cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. That helps us to improve our website.|
|Strictly necessary cookies||
|We use those cookies to maintain your session throughout your visit to our site. No personal information is held.|
|Name of the web application|
|Used for detecting visitor's web browser device type eg mobile or desktop|
|HASSESSIONSCOPE||Used by our content management application to determine if cookies are enabled and working|
|JSESSIONID||A cookie in J2EE web application which is used in session tracking.|
|NEWSLETTER-SIGNUP-MODAL-SHOW||Used to toggle newsletter signup modal window|
|RECENTVIEWED||Stores user's recently viewed products|
|SESSIONSCOPETESTED||Used by our content management application to determine if cookies are enabled and working|
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways.
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
If at any time you do not wish to receive marketing information you can do so by:
- clicking ‘unsubscribing’ links on any emails sent to you to opt out of further email communications;
- emailing B&M at email@example.com
- writing to us at Customer Services, B&M Retail Limited, The Qube, Dakota Drive, Estuary Commerce Park, Speke, Liverpool L24 8RJ
You may continue to receive mailings from us for a short period of time while your request is being processed.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request details of personal information we hold on you. A fee of £10 by cheque or postal order to B&M Retail Limited will be payable. If you would like a copy of your personal information please write enclosing the fee to:
The Data Protection Officer
B & M Retail Limited
Estuary Commerce Park
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect please write to or email us at the above address.