Build Your Own Shoe Rack...& More DIY Tips from the Biggest Brands
09 March 2018
Did you know 12-18th March is National Home Improvement Week? A week-long celebration of all things DIY! And what better way to celebrate than by undertaking a few home improvement tasks of your own?
We asked some of the biggest brands from the world of DIY for their top tips. See what they've come up with, including how-to guides and some surprisingly useful ideas!
UniBond No More Nails – Build Your Own Extendable Shoe Rack
Shoe racks are handy inventions. Especially for those of us who can simply never quite have enough shoes! And the best thing about this DIY shoe rack is that it will grow with your shoe collection!
Just follow these 3 really easy steps for making your own extendable shoe rack:
- Paint the tubes (this is your chance to be creative and put your unique stamp on them!)
- Glue tubes together using UniBond No More Nails Invisible
- Add as many tubes as you like! A pyramid will allow you to add more as your collection grows!
Looking for something different? Browse even more handy how-to guides for your next DIY project at You Just Do.
WD-40 – Surprisingly Useful Uses
You may know that WD-40 is the perfect lubricant for rusty bike chains and for stopping annoying, creaky doors. What you may not know is just how many other uses there are! Did you know you can use WD-40 to:
- Remove crayon from walls
- Remove grime and dirt from stainless steel kettles
- Clean scuff marks from ceramic tiles
- Remove tape marks from walls and other surfaces
- Remove ink from carpets
- Hide scratches on glass dishes
- Polish scratches on work surfaces
Black & Decker Mouse Sander – Practical DIY Tips
Just like WD-40, there are tons of practical uses for your Black & Decker Mouse Sander that you didn’t know existed! Did you know you can:
- Clean paint off glass – it doesn’t matter how much tape you put down and how water tight you think you are…paint finds a way of getting where it’s not meant to be. Just apply a buffing pad to your sander and the paint will come straight off.
- Add some sparkle to metal objects – in order to bring old metal ornaments back to life, just use a finishing paper with a fine grit count and sand your way to sparkling new silver!
- Resize wooden doors – when the temperature changes, doors can swell making it difficult to open and close. Nothing your Black & Decker Mouse Sander can’t fix!
- Revamp chopping boards – don’t throw stained chopping boards away. Bring them back to life by smoothing it down with your sander. This will also clean the board by sanding away grooves where bacteria thrive!
B&M Top Tip: if you’ve got the Black & Decker Mouse Sander, then this 5 pack of Sanding Sheets will come in very useful during your next DIY project.