Betty Winters Love Heart Biscuits
02 February 2018
A dessert to fall head-over-heels in love with! Our irresistible Love Heart Biscuits make a scrumptious end to a romantic Valentine's Day meal. An easy shortbread recipe topped with our Betty Winters Ready to Roll Icing!
- Prep Time: 40 mins (including 30 mins rest)
- Cook Time: 15-20 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
Category: Dessert,Biscuits & Cookies
For the shortbread
- 125g butter or margarine
- 55g caster sugar
- 180g plain flour (sieved)
- Apricot jam
- 250g Betty Winters Ready to Roll Icing (Red)
- 250g Betty Winters Ready to Roll Icing (Pink)
- Love Hearts sweets
- Pink and White edible pearls
For the shortbread:
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar until smooth. Gradually stir in the plain flour to form a smooth paste.
- Wrap the mixture in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a work surface lightly dusted with flour (about 5mm thick should do it).
- Use heart shaped cutters to cut out 10 biscuits and place on a baking tray (if you don't have heart shaped cutters, use our free heart shaped template - see the image above!)
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until pale-golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
For the decoration:
- Lightly brush the tops of the heart biscuits with apricot jam.
- Knead and roll out the Pink and Red Ready to Roll Icing on a work surface lightly dusted with icing sugar.
- Cut out heart shapes using the same heart cutters used to make the shortbread biscuits.
- Place the icing hearts on top of the biscuits.
- Decorate using Love Hearts sweets, smarties and edible pearls by sticking to the icing with cooled boiled water.