Fizzy Fanta Halloween Cupcakes
10 October 2018
- Total Time: 45 min
For the cupcakes
- 110g butter or margarine
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 110g self-raising flour
- 2tbsp milk
- 330ml Fanta
- 300g icing sugar
- 100g unsalted butter
- 40g cocoa powder
- 40ml milk
- 100g milk chocolate
- Toppings of your choice (chocolate chips, hundreds and thousands, etc)
Don't forget to check out the image gallery above for some haunting inspiration before you start!
For the cupcakes
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350° F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place 12 jumbo cupcake holders on a baking tray.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until you have a pale mixture. Beat in the eggs a little at a time and add the vanilla extract.
- Fold the flour into the mixture while adding a bit of milk. Once the mixture reaches a 'dropping' consistency, repeat the process with the Fanta, adding a tablespoon at a time and mixing constantly.
- Spoon the now orange mixture into the paper cases till they're half full.
- Bake for 10-15 mins, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for around 15-30 minutes.
For the frosting
- Mix the icing sugar, butter and cocoa powder with an electric whisk (or beat well if using a wooden spoon).
- Gradually add the milk a little at a time, stirring slowly. Once the milk has been incorporated into the mixture, add the melted chocolate.
- Continue to beat/mix for approx. 5 mins until light and fluffy.
- Place your chocolate frosting evenly and flat on top of the cupcakes and shower with chocolate chips or chocolate hundreds and thousands!
You can use any topping you like to create spooky designs for your Halloween cupcakes. From witches to ghosts, let your creative mind run wild and see what you can come up with!
B&M Top Tip: you can even use our Betty Winters Ready to Roll Icing to cut out spooky shapes and put on top of your cupcakes! Choose from an assortment of colours like red, green and blue!