Guest Recipe: Chikumo's Roasted Butternut Squash & Chili Soup
15 October 2019
Remember remember...this recipe in November! Hosting your own Bonfire Night this year? Chikumo's fiery butternut squash soup is easy to make with just enough heat to set you and your guests up for a cold night of firework displays.
Remember remember...this recipe in November!
Hosting your own Bonfire Night this year? Chikumo's fiery butternut squash soup is easy to make with just enough heat to set you and your guests up for a cold night of firework displays.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
Category: Vegetarian,Soups, Stews & Casseroles,Dinner
- 1 x whole butternut squash
- 1 x large red onion
- 1 x red pepper
- 2 x carrots
- 3 x celery sticks
- 3 x garlic cloves
- 1 x large tomato
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 x vegetable stock
- 1 x red chili
- 1 x blender / hand blender
- Dice the butternut squash, onion, red pepper, carrots, celery sticks, garlic cloves, chili and tomato (removing seeds) into large chunks and set to one side.
- Roast the red peppers and butternut squash for 30 mins or until golden brown at 180° (fan assisted).
- Put the carrots, celery and tomato into a pot with the vegetable stock and add cold water, stopping when all the vegetables are covered. Boil on a medium heat for 35 mins or until soft.
- Fry the garlic, black pepper and onion in the olive oil on a medium heat until golden brown.
- Drain the boiling pan, setting the vegetable stock in a jug to one side.
- Add all of the vegetables into a pot or blender, slowly adding the vegetable stock until the required thickness.
- Boil on a low heat for a further 10 mins.
- Serve and garnish with cream.
Did you tastebuds survive Chikumo's dynamite bunnernut squash & chili recipe? Check out more amazing recipes on her lifestyle, food and beauty blog A Diary of a Chik!