Guest Recipe: Hannah’s Sweet Berry Crepes
04 February 2020
Hannah's sweet and delicious fruity crepes recipe is perfect for Pancake Day! With a fluffy light batter, hand-whipped cream and some mixed seasonal berries, you'll be serving up irresitible crepes in no time at all. This recipe makes 14 x 6” crepes, or 6 dinner plate sized crepes if you prefer.
Hannah's sweet and delicious fruity crepes recipe is perfect for Pancake Day! With a fluffy light batter, hand-whipped cream and some mixed seasonal berries, you'll be serving up irresitible crepes in no time at all.
This recipe makes 14 x 6” crepes, or 6 dinner plate sized crepes if you prefer.
Category: Dessert,Pancakes & Waffles
For the batter
- 1 large egg
- 125g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2bsp of vegetable oil (or spray oil for the pan)
- 300ml double cream
- Punnet of strawberries
- Punnet of raspberries
- Punnet of blueberries
- Crack 1 egg into a large bowl. Sift the flour and add to the bowl. Add the milk and a pinch of salt to the mixture, and blend with an electric whisk until the batter is light and fluffy.
- Add 1tbsp of vegetable oil to a frying pan, and heat until the oil is bubbling.
- Once the pan is hot enough, pour enough batter mixture into the pan so it coats the surface.
- Use a spatula to make sure the sides aren’t sticking to the pan, and flip the crepe over once ready to brown the other side. Once cooked, slide the crepe onto a plate. Repeat until you have used all of the mixture to make all of the crepes.
- Pour 300ml of double cream into a mixing bowl, and use an electric whisk to whip the mixture until fluffy. Set aside and prepare the strawberries and raspberries for the topping.
- Once the crepes have cooled, place the whipped cream in a line down the middle of the crepe, and fold both sides in to create a roll. Repeat until you have made assembled all crepes.
- Top the crepe rolls with strawberries and raspberries – and a little sprinkling of icing sugar if you’re feeling fancy!
For a sweet sauce to accompany the crepes…
- Place all of the blueberries into a microwave bowl and cook for 1 minute in a microwave.
- Sieve the blueberry mixture so the juice goes into the bowl below, and add a teaspoon of sugar to the bowl.
- Mix lightly by hand – and there you have it! An easy, sweet berry sauce to drizzle over your crepes!
Hannah is a food, travel and lifestyle blogger from Essex. You’ll find lots of tasty and exciting recipes over on hannatalks; from quick and easy stir frys to big chocolate celebration cakes! Her blog is a hub for celebrating all things Essex and London – so visit her blog today to find out more!