Guest Recipe: Jordan's Cheese & Onion Quiche (with a Secret Ingredient)
16 September 2020
Whether it's to flesh out the buffet at a family get-together, a side as part of a romantic night in for 2, or even a light lunch; Jordan's Cheese & Onioin Quiche is a unique choice! Loaded with 3 cheeses and an intriguing secret ingredient, this is no 'normal' quiche. Read on to find out what it is!
Whether it's to flesh out the buffet at a family get-together, a side as part of a romantic night in for 2, or even a light lunch; Jordan's Cheese & Onioin Quiche is a unique choice!
Loaded with 3 cheeses and an intriguing secret ingredient, this is no 'normal' quiche. Read on to find out what it is!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
Category: Pies & Pastries,Lunch,Dinner
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 white onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 3 large eggs
- 150ml single cream
- 200ml whole milk
- 150g grated cheddar
- 200g grated mozzarella
- 50g grated parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC / 356ºC / Gas Mark 4.
- Bring a large, heavily salted saucepan of water to the boil. Dice your onion and soften it the butter over low heat with the thyme and a pinch of salt. Add garlic when your onions are translucent and fry for 2-3 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Add pasta to your saucepan. Cook for 2-3 minutes less than the instructions on the packet recommend, or until it is just aboutal dente.
- Whilst your pasta is cooking, crack your eggs into a large mixing bowl, season and whisk. Add to this your cream, milk, all of the cheddar, half of the mozzarella and the cooled onion mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- When your pasta is cooked, drain very well and add to the mixing bowl. Pour into the mixing bowl, stirring quickly so that the heat does not scramble the eggs.
- Line a 20” springform cake tin with butter. Clamp around the bottom and sides with tin foil to secure it from any leakages. Pour in the pasta mix and gently press down on the surface all over. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Bring your pie out of the oven. Allow it cool in the tin for another 30 minutes before removing, slicing and serving.
If you had fun making Jordan's Cheese & Onion Quiche, you'll find more delicious recipes on Jordan's website, www.foodandwriting.co.uk.