02 September 2017
If you love chocolate and nuts, then you'll adore this stunning take on the classic snack. Check out our recipe for Homemade Snickers below, and follow the steps in the video!
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hrs
- Total Time: 2 hrs 40 mins
Category: Dessert,Biscuits & Cookies
- 440g Chocolate Chips
- 190g Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 325g Sugar
- 45ml Evaporated Milk
- 125g Marshmallow Fluff
- 180g Roasted Salted Peanuts
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 45ml Cold Water
- 120ml Double Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- Line a pan with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, melt 440g chocolate chips and 125g peanut butter. Stir until smooth, and pour half over the parchment-lined pan. Refrigerate until set and hard.
- In large bowl, melt 2 tbsp butter, 100g sugar and evaporated milk, stir in fluff, 65g peanut butter, peanuts and vanilla.
- Pour over set chocolate base, and refrigerate until set.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 225g sugar and cold water. Cook on medium-high heat without stirring until the sugar has become golden, approximately 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully stir in double cream, cautious of splattering sugar. Stir in remaining butter and salt.
- Pour the caramel over nougat layer, and set aside.
- Pour remaining melted chocolate and peanut butter over the caramel layer. Refrigerate until set and hard, at least one hour.
- Remove from pan and divide equally. Bars will keep up to a week in the fridge covered.