Irresistible Veggie Recipes: Homemade Quorn Burger
16 August 2018
Burgers are so fun to make! Something you can make and eat with your own fair hands! It’s a great way for kids to see exactly what’s going into their meals and a fantastic opportunity to have fun while cooking. And better still, with Quorn mince you know you’ll have a low-fat, high-protein meal that tastes amazing!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 500g Quorn Mince
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125g breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- Fry the Quorn mince, onion and garlic with the olive oil on a medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a large bowl (ensure ingredients have completely cooled before continuing to the next step!). Add the breadcrumbs, egg, mustard, salt and pepper, and mix with your hands until all ingredients are combined.
- Divide the mixture into equal amounts and shape into burgers (you should get approx. 6 burgers).
- Using the same pan from before, fry the burgers on a medium heat for 10 minutes (you may need a splash more oil) or until browned.
- Serve with soft brioche buns, lettuce, tomatoes and any other dressings or condiments you fancy!