Irresistible Veggie Recipes: Quorn Sausage Casserole
15 August 2018
Sausages are hardly known for their low-fat content. Luckily Quorn Sausages are! Quorn is great for weight-loss, containing less saturated fat than pork sausages. It means our Quorn Sausage Casserole is great for filling you up, without filling out your new pair of jeans!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
Category: Vegetarian,Soups, Stews & Casseroles,Healthy Eating,Dinner
- 8 Quorn Sausages, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pepper (green or red), diced
- 1 celery stick, chopped into small pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 150g sweetcorn
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 400g kidney beans, black beans or broad beans (depending on preference)
- Dash of vegetable/olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the sausages, onions, garlic, celery and peppers until the onions have softened and the sausage pieces have turned a golden brown.
- Add the sweetcorn and paprika and stir on a low-medium heat for 2 minutes to help the flavours infuse.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and stock cubes. Season to taste and simmer for 15 minutes.