Recipe: Daim Rocky Road
24 May 2019
We've filled it with tasty Daim pieces to add some extra crunch - and all topped with caramel sauce ! Follow the steps in the video so you too can enjoy a Daim Rocky Road!
We've filled it with tasty Daim pieces to add some extra crunch - and all topped with caramel sauce !
Follow the steps in the video so you too can enjoy a Daim Rocky Road!
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Total Time: 2 hrs 15 mins
- 200g Digestive Biscuits (Rich Tea can also be used)
- 135g Butter or Margarine
- 200g Dark Chocolate (70% cocoa works best)
- 2-3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 100g Mini Marshmallows (chopped regular marshmallows work too)
- Icing Sugar
- Grease and line an 18cm square brownie tin with baking paper
- Place 200g Digestive Biscuits in a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin, or just the side of your fist until they're broken into a mixture of dust and chunks
- In a large saucepan, melt 135g butter, 200g dark chocolate and 2-3 tbsp Golden Syrup over a gentle heat, stirring constantly until there are none, or almost no more lumps of chocolate visible, then remove from the heat. Leave to cool
- Take the biscuits, 100g Mini Marshmallows, 100g Maltesers, chunks of Daim bars and stir into the chocolate mixture until everything is completely covered
- Tip the mixture into the lined baking tin, and spread it out to the corners
- Chill for at least 2 hours, then dust with icing sugar and cut into squares